[ndnSIM] How to record the number of times the data was requested

Spyridon (Spyros) Mastorakis mastorakis at cs.ucla.edu
Sun Apr 30 18:13:48 PDT 2017

Hi,

you could add a new TLV field to the Data packet and increment it every time that this data packet is requested.

Then, you will have to modify the incoming data packet processing in the Forwarder class, so that the data packet is cached based on the value of this field. Your changes should be somewhere around here:

https://github.com/named-data-ndnSIM/NFD/blob/NFD-0.5.0-30-g934f505-ndnSIM/daemon/fw/forwarder.cpp#L343-L351 <https://github.com/named-data-ndnSIM/NFD/blob/NFD-0.5.0-30-g934f505-ndnSIM/daemon/fw/forwarder.cpp#L343-L351>

Hope that this helps,

Spyridon (Spyros) Mastorakis
Personal Website: http://cs.ucla.edu/~mastorakis/ <http://cs.ucla.edu/~mastorakis/>
Internet Research Laboratory