[ndnSIM] How to forward interest to specific node

Lixia Zhang lixia at cs.ucla.edu
Sat Apr 15 15:16:19 PDT 2017

> On Apr 14, 2017, at 9:39 AM, John Bennedict Lorenzo <kzer95 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks Spyridon,
>
> I've looked at the code in the mobile simulation package but it looks like the v2v example (I assume this is what I should be looking at) is still using broadcast strategy. I'm already able to simulate mobility and adhoc wifi in my simulation.
>
> I'm still looking for a way to build the FIB dynamically as adhoc nodes come and go, then build unicast faces to them. The unicast ethernet team's code is not available in github so I'm not able to look into that.
>
> What I tried is to build the fib when the interest is about to be satisfied and add the face where it received the data. But that only adds the broadcast face again. It would be very helpful if someone has tried implementing unicast faces in adhoc wifi.

I’m trying to get a better understanding of your need: in ad hoc scenario, things change dynamically, how would a unicast face (nailing down a specific receiving node) be that useful?  the forwarder may/may not know whether the named node just moved at that exact moment (or did I miss something here?)

wifi channel is broadcast by nature. in broadcast, the decision logic is at the receiving end, whether a node hearing a packet should do something about it