[ndnSIM] SIGSEGV when simply assigning one smart pointer to another?

John Baugh jpbaugh at umich.edu
Mon Apr 10 21:05:37 PDT 2017

Ashlesh, Spyridon, and ndnSIM friends,

As requested, the gdb output:

jpbaugh at Janeway:~/ndnSIM/my-simulations$ gdb --args ./build/jpb-pop1
GNU gdb (Ubuntu 7.11.1-0ubuntu1~16.04) 7.11.1
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html

and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-linux-gnu".
<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/documentation/>.
For help, type "help".
Type "apropos word" to search for commands related to "word"...
Reading symbols from ./build/jpb-pop1...done.
(gdb) run
Starting program: /home/jpbaugh/ndnSIM/my-simulations/build/jpb-pop1
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libthread_db.so.1".
Inside ctor for PStrat
Inside ctor for PStrat
Inside ctor for PStrat
Inside ctor for PStrat
In jpb-pop1 main: 0x7fffffffd6a0
About to get forwarder
Just got forwarder.  About to get strategy choice
Just got strategy choice, about to get effectiveStrategy
Just got effective strategy, about to set popularity manager for it.
About to set Popularity Manager inside PStrat
Before assignment line

*Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation
fault.std::_Sp_counted_base<(__gnu_cxx::_Lock_policy)2>::_M_release
(this=0x2710)    at /usr/include/c++/5/bits/shared_ptr_base.h:147147
if (__gnu_cxx::__exchange_and_add_dispatch(&_M_use_count, -1) == 1)(gdb) *

Thanks,

John