[ndnSIM] How to forward interest to specific node

Lixia Zhang lixia at cs.ucla.edu
Mon Apr 10 12:52:30 PDT 2017

> On Apr 10, 2017, at 11:22 AM, John Bennedict Lorenzo <kzer95 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello, I've setup my network have a few nodes on adhoc wifi that are moving around. I made a custom strategy to enable forwarding to the same face where the interest was received from (since there is only one face, wifi). Is it possible to forward to a specific node that's reachable via wifi?

very few things are impossible with computing, if any.
Maybe the question is feasibility: in an ad hoc environment, if a sending node A has to nail down a receiving node B, A has to keep track of who are surrounding itself all the time..

A better approach may be to let each receiving node of a packet decide wha to do with the pakcet, e.g. whether it wants to further forward the packet.

The most recent NDN hackathon (http://4th-ndn-hackathon.named-data.net/ <http://4th-ndn-hackathon.named-data.net/>) worked on a project in this area, someone on this list should know the status of the code out of that effort