[ndnSIM] Question on PIT size measurement.

Alex Afanasyev aa at CS.UCLA.EDU
Sun Sep 18 11:18:26 PDT 2016

Hi Inchan,

There is not yet a readily available tracer for that, but you can quickly write one with the following logic:

- Schedule a periodic event with whichever granularity you want to trace the size
- In the scheduled event, for each node that you want to obtain information (you can use NodeList to access all nodes)

   Ptr<Node> node = ...;
   size_t currentPitSize = node->GetObject<L3Protocol>()->getForwarder()->getPit()->size();
   ... save the value