[ndnSIM] Question on ImplicitSha256Digest()

황인찬 neogeoss at ajou.ac.kr
Sun Oct 23 10:03:23 PDT 2016

Dear NDN Researchers,

While I was implementing a customized PIT entry, I found a certain function
I was imitating does not work.

While I was imitating the function below
https://github.com/NDNUtils/NDNSIM/blob/master/src/ndnSIM/NFD/daemon/table/name-tree.cpp#L332

It checks whether the name is a implicitSha256Digest().
it works alright.

But my imitation function

https://github.com/NDNUtils/NDNSIM/blob/master/src/ndnSIM/NFD/daemon/table/name-tree.cpp#L346
gives an error although as far as I know I followed exactly the same
procedure of a name generation to make mine.

I do not remember that when I gave an NDN name, I made it an sha256digest.
So I did not do it to my additional metadata.
can any of you tell me how to add sha256 to my metadata to pass that boost
assert ?

Best wishes

in chan hwang