[ndnSIM] ndnSIM installation/configuration saga continues

John Baugh jpbaugh at umich.edu
Sat Oct 15 21:53:23 PDT 2016

Okay, so apparently on openSUSE, the package I was looking for from the
earlier mail to this list was installed by the command

*apt-get install libcryptopp-devel*
That darn devel actually seems to have made a difference.

I'm wondering if I didn't pick a bad Linux build for ndnSIM...  Now I have
additional problems.

I'm still getting *CryptoPP *is installed, but that it's unusable.  When I
checked the config file, I see a few issues, but two seem major:

1.)  #include <sys/inttypes.h" no such file or directory
--->  I did something that I feel kinda dirty about.  I copied the
inttypes.h file from /usr/include to /usr/include/sys.  I'm pretty sure
that's probably not a good workaround (or is it?) - but the errors related
to that seem to be gone now.
Additional information on this would be greatly appreciated.

2.)  I get that uint128_t was not declared in this scope
--->  Seems I'm missing a library or something is in the wrong or an
unexpected place?  i have g++ installed.

Additional issues:
- can't seem to find "click location"
- checking for NSC location not found
- checking for program sphinx-build not found

So, not sure what I'm missing.

Here is the config file produced by the failed ./waf configure
--enable-examples command, on my Google Drive:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By9ufeKqmJYYSXBJSV84R1BDUWc/view?usp=sharing