[ndnSIM] How to manually set name of Interest and Data

白岩善昭 46rock715 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 06:14:28 PST 2016

Dear NDN Research Team,
Hello.
I want to send an Interest for a Data packet that does not exist. For
example, if a Producer has two Data packets /prefix/0 and /prefix/1, I want
to send an Interest for /prefix/2. In order to achieve this, I would need
to be able to set the full name of the Interest and Data packets.
When I was working with the the examples on ndnSIM 2.0, I could only find a
way to set the prefix.  In ndn-simple.cpp using the Helper
"consumerHelper.SetPrefix("/prefix")," it would automatically add 0, 1, ...
to the end of /prefix/. Then using the
"producerHelper.SetPrefix("/prefix")" the Producer would return the
matching Data packet, assuming it exist.
I do not want it to be assumed that it exists. Therefore, I would like to
know if there is a way to manually set all the names.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Best Regards,
Kengo Kaneda