[ndnSIM] Is ndnSIM Support WSN

Teng Liang philoliang at email.arizona.edu
Fri Nov 11 10:37:58 PST 2016

Hi Sarah,

ndnSIM is based on NS-3, so it's better to understand some basics of NS-3
first. Here is the conceptual overview of NS-3 (
https://www.nsnam.org/docs/release/3.25/tutorial/html/conceptual-overview.html#key-abstractions)
and reading code examples also helps.

In NS-3, you can simulate different scenarios with the topology, link-layer
protocol, network-layer protocol and applications that you want. For
example, you can choose a grid topology, install point-to-point or wifi at
link-layer, and install TCP/IP stack at network-layer.

ndnSIM provides NDN stack as a new network-layer protocol for NS-3. To
simulate NDN over WSN, you can install link-layer with other NS-3 modules,
e.g., LR-WPAN, or WiFi (ad hoc), install NDN stack at network-layer and you
may also want to configure nodes with limited resources, depending on your
scenario.

Best,
Teng