[ndnSIM] Is ndnSIM.net down?

John Baugh jpbaugh at umich.edu
Fri Nov 4 11:31:59 PDT 2016

I have literally spent most of last night and much of today trying to
troubleshoot and find out why I can't connect to ndnsim.net.

I can access all other sites I go to, just not ndnsim.net.  I've refreshed
the DNS cache on my Windows machine, reset the router, etc.  Nothing.

*This site claims it is not up:*

http://www.site24x7.com/public/t/results-1478283984902.html

Strangely, I seem to be able to access it on my phone when I'm using my
data plan.

I suspected this had to imply that my own network must by the problem, but
I have literally tried everything and this site above seems to imply the
same thing - that there's a problem.

I get ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED in Chrome, but it also gets a similar
error on other browsers.  I have changed the DNS server to a manual server
(8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) and pretty much tried everything else.  This is
maddening.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

John