[ndnSIM] [ndnsim] differences of the forwarding strategies between ndnsim 1.0 and 2.0

Alex Afanasyev aa at CS.UCLA.EDU
Mon May 2 10:32:49 PDT 2016

> On Apr 29, 2016, at 6:39 AM, 玎 <zhang890724 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> I am wondering the differences of the forwarding strategies between ndnsim 1.0 and 2.0.
> I know in version 2.0, NFD is used and I only found best-route and multicast strategies rather than like flooding, smart flooding etc in version 1.0.
>
> The multicast forwarding strategy forwards Interests to all upstreams so whether it is the same like flooding in version 1.0. In this case, I should use CalculateAllPossibleRoutes() function to make it work. If I use CalculateRoutes(), Interests only follow the single route like using best-route strategy.

Yes. Multicast is similar to "Flooding" strategy.  Given it is pretty dumb strategy, you don't really need to have "CalculateAllPossibleRoutes".  You can simply set "ndnHelper.setDefaultRoute(true);" which will add all available faces to "/" FIB entry, allowing global "flooding".  Though, it may not be what you want.