[ndnSIM] ndnsim and video trace files

Hassan Sinky sinkyh at oregonstate.edu
Sun Mar 20 02:21:18 PDT 2016

Thanks for your help. I went ahead and created the classes for this
particular module. Since this is an ns3 module that is based on the
UdpSocketFactory I am trying to rewrite it for ndnsim. I seem to be stuck
on a minor detail. Since the module is based on UDP, a stream of packets is
sent by the server based on a single initial request from the client. Is
there an equivalent behavior within ndnsim? The reason I ask is because
after modifying the module to work with ndnsim only the first data packet
triggers the OnData function of the consumer. The producer continues to
send the stream of data packets but they do not trigger the OnData function
since naturally, after the initial request, there are no pending interests
for the remaining data packets. In other words, is there a way to request
maybe a range of sequence numbers or to accept data packets even if they
have not been requested yet.

Thanks again!