[ndnSIM] interest=/localhost/nfd/faces/events/%FE%05 ?

Carl Zu carlzu8 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 21:54:27 PST 2016

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your reply. These notification streams are not only for new
faces. They are for strategy choice, and in particular for FIB population
(add-nexthop). The important question is that what shall I do if I like to
implement my own FIB population method ?

Minor questions (logs are for ndn-simple.cpp):
1. Why these notification streams start from node "-1" (I believe it should
not be a node), and then they continue for real nodes. See here:

0s -1 nfd.Forwarder:onDataUnsolicited(): [DEBUG] onDataUnsolicited face=1
data=/localhost/nfd/fib/add-nexthop/h%0C%......

2. Notification streams not only contain interests and data, but they
contain "matching" as well (for add-nexthop and enable-local-control). What
is that ?. See here:

0s 1 nfd.Forwarder:onIncomingData(): [DEBUG] onIncomingData
matching=/localhost/nfd/fib/add-nexthop/h%1A

OR

0s 1 nfd.Forwarder:onIncomingData(): [DEBUG] onIncomingData
matching=/localhost/nfd/faces/enable-local-control/h%03........

3. even if googled and read, have not understood well
"enable-local-control". Small explanation would be appreciated.

Thanks very much,