[ndnSIM] Problem in intsalling ndnSIM-NLSR

Mahsa Aghajani mahsa.aghajani at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 05:02:01 PST 2016

yes I have followed these instructions, although I copied nsync/
sync-state.pb.cc and nsync/sync-state.pb.h from NLSR/build/nsync to the
specified folder in ndnSIM.

the complete error is this :
[ 486/2997] Processing src/ndnSIM/NLSR/nsync/sync-state.proto
../ns3/ndnSIM/NFD: warning: directory does not exist.
../ns3/ndnSIM: warning: directory does not exist.
../ns3/ndnSIM/ndn-cxx: warning: directory does not exist.
../ns3/ndnSIM/NLSR: warning: directory does not exist.
/home/mahsa/ndnSIM-NLSR/ns-3/src/ndnSIM/NLSR/nsync/sync-state.proto: File
does not reside within any path specified using --proto_path (or -I).  You
must specify a --proto_path which encompasses this file.  Note that the
proto_path must be an exact prefix of the .proto file names -- protoc is
too dumb to figure out when two paths (e.g. absolute and relative) are
equivalent (it's harder than you think).

I also gave access to all these folders that do exist in
home/mahsa/ndnSIM-NLSR/ns-3/build/ns3/ndnSIM .