[ndnSIM] Need help regarding routing in ndnSIM

Muhammad Hosain Abdollahi Sabet mhasabet at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 23:00:44 PST 2016

Hi Guntur,

I'm glad of that!

As you may probably know by now, ndnSIM has a globalRoutingHelper, which is
not a real-time routing protocol. But for nlsr, thanks to Anil, it has
already been ported into ndnSIM. You can find the nlsr code here:
https://github.com/3rd-ndn-hackathon/ndnSIM-NLSR
And here you can find the doc on how to compile it:
https://github.com/3rd-ndn-hackathon/ndnSIM-NLSR/blob/master/PORTING.md

About OSPFN, it's better to quote Lixia from a couple of months ago
<http://www.lists.cs.ucla.edu/pipermail/ndnsim/2016-August/002890.html>:

I dont think OSPFN was coded into ndnSIM, nor do we have such a plan.
> One should understand that OSPFN was simply a quick hack to get NDN
> testbed started, not so much of a research result.

​Regards,
Sabet​