[ndnSIM] List of faces as a packet field

Andriana Ioannou ioannoa at tcd.ie
Thu Aug 18 05:35:32 PDT 2016

Hello everyone,

I am looking to have an extra field in my packet - both Interest &
ContentObject - that would allow me to keep a list of faces for further
use.

This field may need to be updated at the Consumer and the Forwarding
strategy - exclude the security logic here, please.

So, I have updated my Interest & ContentObject classes accordingly as well
as the ndnsim.cc file. I have also included some related stuff in the
Consumer and Forwarding strategy to be able to update the list along the
way. I am trying to have this field as another Name type. However, I do get
an error message when I run the simulation: i.e.

'boost::exception_detail::clone_impl<ns3::ndn::error::Name>'

  what():  std::exception

Eventhough, I have tried to include everything that involves the creation
of naming into a try{..}catch{..} case, I still get that message which does
not help me finding what am I doing wrong. I have also used gdb to debug
and I get no related messages.

Any ideas/help/direction on what I am be doing wrong or how to proceed with
this?

p.s. I am using the v.1 of the ndnSIM code.

Thanks anyways,

Andriana.