[ndnSIM] Where to Initialize network-region-table ?

Muhammad Hosain Abdollahi Sabet mhasabet at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 05:51:28 PDT 2016

​Hi there,

I've been trying to import Feature #3034
<https://redmine.named-data.net/issues/3034/> and #3159
<https://redmine.named-data.net/issues/3159/> to ndnSIM 2.1. I've done with
network-region-table definition(NFD/daemon/table/) and modifying
onContentStoreMiss(NFD/daemon/fw/forwarder.cpp)*, which was successful. But
trying to set config section (NFD/mgmt/tables-config-section) I have
failed. I have modified *InitializeManagement()* and *reloadConfigFile()*
in ndnSIM/model/ndn-l3-protocol.cpp to set
m_forwarder->getNetworkRegionTable();

but at the end compiler gives me:

Compiling src/ndnSIM/NFD/daemon/mgmt/tables-config-section.cpp
../src/ndnSIM/NFD/daemon/mgmt/tables-config-section.cpp: In constructor
‘nfd::TablesConfigSection::TablesConfigSection(nfd::cs::Cs&, nfd::Pit&,
nfd::Fib&, nfd::StrategyChoice&, nfd::Measurements&,
nfd::NetworkRegionTable&)’:
../src/ndnSIM/NFD/daemon/mgmt/tables-config-section.cpp:38:1: error:
uninitialized reference member
‘nfd::TablesConfigSection::m_networkRegionTable’ [-fpermissive]
 TablesConfigSection::TablesConfigSection(Cs& cs,

 ^

Could anyone please guide me where to initialize the table?

*Since the documentation has not been updated for latest version of NFD, I
preferred to go with the way NFD 0.4.0 was working. And yes! Moving Link
handling parts to strategy seems to be a good pick, because there are some
unnecessary calls for *onContentStoreMiss*(at least 3 per one ndn stack).

Thanks,
Sabet