[ndnSIM] [ndnsim] differences of the forwarding strategies between ndnsim 1.0 and 2.0

zhang890724 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 06:39:54 PDT 2016

Hi All,

I am wondering the differences of the forwarding strategies between ndnsim
1.0 and 2.0.
I know in version 2.0, NFD is used and I only found best-route and
multicast strategies rather than like flooding, smart flooding etc in
version 1.0.

The multicast forwarding strategy forwards Interests to all upstreams so
whether it is the same like flooding in version 1.0. In this case, I should
use CalculateAllPossibleRoutes() function to make it work. If I use
CalculateRoutes(), Interests only follow the single route like using
best-route strategy.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Ding