[ndnSIM] How can application detect change in point of attachment to the Internet

Monika Dangi monikabaraut at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 14:55:32 PDT 2016

Hello Rozhonova,
Thank-you for your reply. I am new to ndnSIM and ns3. i read extensive on
what are callbacks and how to use them. But i am learner, i could not
called callbacks on association and deassociation event.
Can you please elaborate it. i can tell you my algorithm:
this shold be done by the application installed on mobile node.
on_association()
{  start_time=scheduler::now(); // start_time a variable defined in
application header
  rto=double(2.0) // rto is variable defined in application header
}

It may be small problem for you but really i m not getting how to start, i
mean where to write the callback signature and where to setup write
makecallback(). do i need to write this(on_association) function signature
in ns3::sta-wifi-mac or in application.cc file?? i can see only
tracecallback on association, can i do the required functionality on these
tracecall or do i need to add new callbacks??

please guide me here as i have no body to ask to and i am confused after
reading so much about callbacks in ns3.

Thank-you in advance

Monika
MTech CSE