[ndnSIM] Multi-hop Wireless Ad-hoc Scenario

Lixia Zhang lixia at CS.UCLA.EDU
Fri Apr 22 21:10:28 PDT 2016

> On Apr 15, 2016, at 12:32 PM, ahmed aboud <ahmedaboud at outlook.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to develop a scenario for multi-hop wireless ad-hoc network , currently i'm working with a 3 nodes topology A-->B-->C where (A:consumer ; B: forwarder ; C: producer ) and i managed to forward interest packets to node C, by creating a custom forwarding strategy that enable forwarding through the same face.
> My problem is that node B receives the returned data packet and it doesn't forward it back to node A since the NFD forwarder doesn't permit forwarding data packet throw the same downstream face
>
> as shown on this file: https://github.com/named-data-ndnSIM/NFD/blob/bd8eea71137bc382fe1fb8225334b926a5484527/daemon/fw/forwarder.cpp#L36 <https://github.com/named-data-ndnSIM/NFD/blob/bd8eea71137bc382fe1fb8225334b926a5484527/daemon/fw/forwarder.cpp#L365>4
>
> and by modifying the Forwarder class to enable it to forward data packets to the same inFace only the first 2 packets were sent and received correctly as you can see on the Forwarder log, i suspect that node C doesn't have a route to the other nodes but i dont quite understand why only 2 packets were sent and received correctly.
>
> any help will be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks ,
> Ahmed.

Hi Ahmed,

just saw this, dont know if anyone has replied.
1/ Davide et al, copied here, had similar problem a few years back (i.e. need to send packets out thru the same WiFi interface they came in), I believe they modified the code to do that.

2/ a note to NFD folks on this list: maybe one would re-visit this design issue of "NFD forwarder doesn't permit forwarding data packet throw the same downstream face"?

Lixia