[ndnSIM] relation between interface and connection

Alex Afanasyev aa at CS.UCLA.EDU
Tue Apr 19 18:58:15 PDT 2016

Hi Zeinab,

Which version of ndnSIM you're using.  For ndnSIM 1.0 your reasoning is almost correct.  There could also be face related to the application, if you have an application installed.  If a node doesn't have an application, then there should be just one face per simulated connection.

ndnSIM 2, in addition to faces that correspond to network interfaces and applications, there are also several internal faces (internal face for management, face to represent content store, null face).