[ndnSIM] stop producer from forwarding interests

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Sun Apr 3 10:07:30 PDT 2016

Hi Asif

As I understand, your scenario is:

   - The network has multiple nodes.
   - A producer application is running on the node P, and it serves
   contents under namespace ndn:/P.
   - Node P is using the multicast strategy.
   - Node P has a default route ndn:/ toward other peer nodes such as Q and
   R.
   - You are observing that, when an Interest starting with ndn:/P is
   received by node P, it's not only forwarded to the producer application,
   but also forwarded to Q and R.
   - You want the Interest to be forwarded only to the producer
   application, but not to other nodes.

The behavior occurs because the FIB entry ndn:/P contains not only the
producer application but also nodes Q and R. Although there isn't a route
ndn:/P toward Q or R, these two nexthops appear in the FIB entry due to
route inheritance (see NFD Developer Guide, "RIB Management - FIB Updater -
Route Inheritance Flags" section).
To achieve the desired behavior, the FIB entry ndn:/P should contain only
the producer application. One way to do that is setting the CAPTURE flag in
the prefix registration command sent from the producer application.

Yours, Junxiao