[ndnSIM] How the application level tracers work?

Anil Jangam anilj.mailing at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 19:17:02 PDT 2016

Hi,

In my simulation scenario, I get no output when I enable the application
delay tracer. However, when I run the example provided, it works fine. So,
are there any preconditions in this example program, which I need to take
care of or just following line is enough to collect the application delay
metrics?

ndn::AppDelayTracer::InstallAll("app-delays-trace.txt");

I also want to understand the significance of Connect() function
implementation.

Config::ConnectWithoutContext("/NodeList/" + m_node
                                  +
"/ApplicationList/*/LastRetransmittedInterestDataDelay",

MakeCallback(&AppDelayTracer::LastRetransmittedInterestDataDelay, this));

Config::ConnectWithoutContext("/NodeList/" + m_node +
"/ApplicationList/*/FirstInterestDataDelay",

MakeCallback(&AppDelayTracer::FirstInterestDataDelay, this));

What does ConnectWithoutContext() do? I looked into the Config class, but
did not understand what service it really provides. What the attributes
(like
LastRetransmittedInterestDataDelay and FirstInterestDataDelay) actually
mean? Are they predefined anywhere or are they user defined?

/anil.