[ndnSIM] Link resolver server

Muhammad Hosain Abdollahi Sabet M.AbdollahiSabet at mail.sbu.ac.ir
Fri Apr 1 02:19:03 PDT 2016

Dear Spyridon,
I greatly appreciate your help.

	3- What is the difference between Name(Name to be resolved) and Hint(Name Hint) in digApp? They are both set to "/ndn"

According to the SNAMP paper, a name of some data should be resolved directly to a LINK object that contains a number of globally routable name (forwarding hints). In the current implementation, I think that the name of some data is resolved to a globally routable name directly.

So, apart from what is set in the scenario, a query for /ndn (Name) may retrieve /ucla (Hint), right?

	4- From consumer's perspective, firstly a digApp should query for a "hint" for a prefix, then attach query's answer as a Link object to Interest?

In theory, the application should retrieve the LINK object directly from NDNS. However, in this case you are right.

You mean in your scenario digApp sends interest for some entity other than NDNS? I suppose any node on which NdnsServerApp is running would be an instance of NDNS.

	5- What relation is in place between what has been done in your scenario, and Link related functions in ndnSIM?

Sorry, but I do not understand the question.

I mean, currently we have this class in ndnSIM:
http://ndnsim.net/2.1/doxygen/classndn_1_1Link.html
For example, where does addDelegation() stores a Link object? Or, where does getDelegations() retrieve Link objects from? Is there any relation between extensions in your scenario and ndn::Link Class? Because I didn't see any reference to ndn::Link in the extensions.

Anything you say helps. I've put Alex in cc. Hope he sees.

Many thanks,

Sabet