[ndnSIM] Install ndnSIM on Raspbaerry Pi

Alex Afanasyev aa at CS.UCLA.EDU
Wed Sep 30 14:52:21 PDT 2015

André,  I wonder why do you want to run simulator on a such constrained platform?  Normally, you do exactly the opposite, you simulate (e.g., distributed communication) on a very powerful host.

If you meant that you want to run NDN forwarder and experiment with NDN platform on constrained platform such as Raspberry Pi, then Daniel and Chaim gave you the answers.   I would like to add a few links to wiki pages that describe how to make NDN platform working on embedded devices:

- http://redmine.named-data.net/projects/ndn-embedded/wiki/Cross-compiling_NDN_projects_for_Raspberry_Pi <http://redmine.named-data.net/projects/ndn-embedded/wiki/Cross-compiling_NDN_projects_for_Raspberry_Pi>
- https://www.gitbook.com/book/schwannden/ndn-on-galileo/details <https://www.gitbook.com/book/schwannden/ndn-on-galileo/details>
- http://redmine.named-data.net/projects/ndn-embedded/wiki/Cross-compiling_NDN_projects_for_home_routers <http://redmine.named-data.net/projects/ndn-embedded/wiki/Cross-compiling_NDN_projects_for_home_routers>

For RaspberyPi2, we also have an unofficial image with NFD and libraries pre-installed.