[ndnSIM] calculating cache hit ratio

Spyridon (Spyros) Mastorakis mastorakis at CS.UCLA.EDU
Fri Sep 4 17:13:34 PDT 2015

Hi,

first of all, you need to run an example that uses the CsTracer. After the execution of such an example, a .txt file would be generated (typically with the name “cs-trace.txt”). This file contains the number of CacheHits and CacheMisses for each node with respect to the simulation time. To compute the cache hit ratio of your simulation, you need to use the following formula:

Cache hit ratio (%) = (Total number of cache hits / (Total number of cache hits + Total number of cache misses)) * 100

Personal Website: http://cs.ucla.edu/~mastorakis/
Internet Research Laboratory
PhD Computer Science
UCLA