[ndnSIM] Forwarding strategy in NDN

Alex Afanasyev aa at CS.UCLA.EDU
Fri Sep 4 02:03:15 PDT 2015

Hi Sharvari,

Your questions are a little bit open-ended :)  A few quick comments:

1) It is up to you to decide how to design data structure.  If your strategy needs to remember some state, you should determine which granularity is this state, as there are a few places it can be stored: PIT entry, incoming/outgoing entries of the PIT entry, entry in the Measurements table (for more details, see NFD's Developers Guide).

2) That's for you to decide.  If you satisfied with functionality of rtt estimator that comes with NFD codebase, you can reuse it.   Or you can implement something different.

3) This depends on how far you want to do this piggy back.  In NDN, data packets are signed, so you cannot really modify it.  If information is piggybacked only to the next hop, then you will be able to use NDNLP protocol (not yet available).  For simulation, you can use NS-3 packet tags for piggybacking any information with the packets.