[ndnSIM] Wireless multi-hop ad-hoc communication

Thiago Teixeira tteixeira at engin.umass.edu
Fri Oct 30 09:09:52 PDT 2015

Hi all,

I am using ndnSIM 2.0 and I am working on a scenario with multiple nodes, randomly placed in an area, communicating via Wi-Fi. I have one producer (fixed), one consumer, and all other nodes are routers. Every node broadcasts the Interests to all faces (using a modified broadcast strategy).
The point is, most of the communication was done in one hop. I reduced the Wi-Fi range and noticed that routers do not relay content.
Therefore, I have a few questions:

1 - Does ndnSIM supports multi-hop wireless communication by default? I want the routers to work like data mules.

2 - My question is very similar to this: http://www.lists.cs.ucla.edu/pipermail/ndnsim/2013-March/000201.html
I wonder if the Car2Car implementation is still the way to go, or there are newer implementations.

Thanks for your help