[ndnSIM] Application specific ndn::Scheduler instance and its behavior.

Anil Jangam anilj.mailing at gmail.com
Fri May 22 18:18:49 PDT 2015

Hi,

Section 2.3.2 of ndnSIM2.0 guide says, "The scheduler of NFD was redirected
to ns3::Simulator, so that NFD can schedule events that will be executed by
the simulator."

My application schedules events using its own ndn::Scheduler instance.

   - I am not clear how this application specific scheduler is going to
   behave. Do we need to use ndnSIM's scheduler? Currently, I do not see any
   events posted to simulator's queue and it terminates after its time is done.
      - This is specially more important when I have two nodes with
      application installed on them, and both using different ndn::Scheduler
      instance.

With respect to the above note from ndnSIM guide, how does application
specific ndn::Scheduler instance behave?

/anil.