[ndnSIM] How to select multiple faces to send Interest/Data?

Anil Jangam anilj.mailing at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 16:33:56 PDT 2015

https://github.com/named-data/ndnSIM/blob/master/examples/ndn-custom-apps/custom-app.cpp

In this custom-app.cc code (line: 88), I think it is sending the Interest
on face created by the application (ndn-app). However, how the scenario is
handled where there are more than one faces on given node? How a particular
face is selected to send the Interest on? In my simulation setup, I have
multiple faces on given node.

When Interest/Data is received, a respective handler is called (line: 93 or
116). I believe this handler is called for all Interests/Data messages
received from all interface, correct? It is the application, based on the
Interest name, carries out different processing as per the application
context. Am I correct?

I saw in one of the application code, an ExpressInterest() API, where one
can specify the exact call back to handle Data. However in the above code,
this looks like abstracted out. Is it still possible to use the
ExpressInterest API? To put it other words, I did not understand how
Interest is actually being sent out to the face. How does this works in the
above sample code?

/anil.