[ndnSIM] ndnSIM and SDN Controller simulation.

Spyridon (Spyros) Mastorakis spiros.mastorakis at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 16:35:59 PDT 2015

Hi Anil,

to the best of my knowledge, you can use the OpenFlow protocol by attaching it as a module to NS3. Probably, this link can help:

https://www.nsnam.org/docs/release/3.13/models/html/openflow-switch.html

The SDN controller could use the FIB helper to add prefixes to the desired NFD FIBs.

Another alternative could be to create a dedicated node running a SDN controller application that you will code and then modify the forwarding pipelines of NFD to send Interests to the controller in order to perform the desired processing.

Personal Website: http://cs.ucla.edu/~mastorakis/
Internet Research Laboratory
PhD Computer Science
UCLA