[ndnSIM] Load balance problem

Spyridon (Spyros) Mastorakis spiros.mastorakis at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 09:05:54 PDT 2015

Hello Gustavo,

the default example as it is included under the examples folder simulates the behavior of a random load balancer. That is, the Interest forwarding towards the two producers are being performed in a random fashion. I would suggest that you increase the duration of the simulation, so that you can observe this behavior.

Probably you could also use the weighted load balancer strategy (credits to Steve DiBenedetto from Colorado State University):

https://github.com/dibenede/ndn-tutorial-gec21/tree/master/strategy-templates

Just copy the source code under the NFD/daemon/fw directory of ndnSIM and enable it in your simulation scenario.

Please let me know shall you need anything else.

Personal Website: http://cs.ucla.edu/~mastorakis/
Internet Research Laboratory
PhD Computer Science
UCLA