[ndnSIM] First steps - problem, no result after running simulation

Roman Lutz romanlutz13 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 08:08:02 PST 2015

Hello everybody!

I am completely new to ndnSIM and want to use it for privacy analysis.
I installed everything according to the descriptions on the website
(Ubuntu) and got no errors. When I come to the section "compile and run",
it says I should run
./waf --run=ndn-simple

When I do that, I get the following as a result:
Waf: Entering directory ns-3/build
Waf: Leaving directory ns-3/build
'build' finished successfully (2.088s)

But I can't find the built version somewhere to run it. According to the
website, it should already run with that command, but I don't get any
output. I suppose there should be some kind of output?
Is that normal or am I doing something wrong? I read the instructions
several times, but I can't find anything I might have done wrong.
Thanks already in advance for your help!

Roman Lutz