[ndnSIM] NACKs in ndnSIM2.0?

Daniel Posch poschdaniel2 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 01:07:19 PST 2015

Hello,

I am trying to port a forwarding strategy, which I have implemented in
ndnSIM1.0 to ndnSIM2.0. I have looked through the documents and API
specification, however, I don't understand if and how the concept of
"NACKs" is supported in ndnSIM2.0. Can someone give me a hint how to
implement the following in ndnSIM2.0:

Assume a forwarding strategy decides to proactively discard an Interest
message. What would be the best way to propagate this information to the
requesting neighboring? In ndnSIM1.0 I have used the build-in
NACK-response from the NACK-Strategy, which responds with a NACK-message
once all faces have been set to "waiting in vain".

Best regards,
Daniel