[ndnSIM] To run my simulation

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Tue Feb 3 17:35:22 PST 2015

If you have removed this auto, your code cannot compile, so I don’t know what you did.  If you want to revert to ndnSIM-1.0 code, you need to get code exactly how described in http://ndnsim.net/1.0/getting-started.html#downloading-ndnsim-source <http://ndnsim.net/1.0/getting-started.html#downloading-ndnsim-source>  This applies for both core NS-3 and ndnSIM repositories!

> assert failed. cond="uid != 0", msg="Assert in TypeId::LookupByName: ns3::VisualSimulatorImpl not found", file=../src/core/model/type-id.cc, line=539
> terminate called without an active exception
> Command ['/home/anselme/ndnSIM/ns-3/build/scratch/ndn-simple', '--SimulatorImplementationType=ns3::VisualSimulatorImpl'] terminated with signal SIGIOT. Run it under a debugger to get more information (./waf --run <program> --command-template="gdb --args %s <args>")

This error simply means that visualizer module is not enabled.  If you really want to use it, you have to install all dependencies and make sure you have the right versions of everything.  We tried commands in getting installed instructions (for v2.0 code, v1.0 code instructions may not be up to date) on a clean system.  When more things are installed, there are many ways things can go wrong.

—