[ndnSIM] Node adjacency matrix in ndnSIM, how?

Anil Jangam anilj.mailing at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 23:14:20 PST 2015

Hi (Alex, Spyros),

In all ndnSIM examples, the interconnection links between nodes is
specified as:

# srcNode   dstNode     bandwidth   metric  delay   queue
Node0    Node1   1Mbps   1  10ms   ns3::RedQueue,MeanPktSize=100
Node0    Node3   1Mbps   1  10ms   ns3::RedQueue,MeanPktSize=100

In all these configs, is the adjacency between the two nodes and all the
link characteristics defined as bidirectional by default? Is it a ndnSIM
requirement to specify the links parameters as defined in all the examples
or it is specific to application?

Can we define the links and their parameters in each direction and how does
ndnSIM would behave in such case? For example, how to achieve this:

# srcNode   dstNode     bandwidth   metric  delay   queue
Node0    Node1   1Mbps   1  10ms   ns3::RedQueue,MeanPktSize=100
Node1    Node0   2Mbps   1  20ms   ns3::RedQueue,MeanPktSize=200
Node0    Node3   1Mbps   1  10ms   ns3::RedQueue,MeanPktSize=100
Node3    Node0   2Mbps   1  20ms   ns3::RedQueue,MeanPktSize=200

My application scenario, each node define its own adjacency matrix and link
parameters (i.e. application specific configuration), thus takes care of
creating and initializing the faces in each direction explicitly. While I
believe in real set up it would fine; however, in case of ndnSIM I am not
sure how it is going to behave.

Can you please elaborate?

/anil.