[ndnSIM] some questions about limit

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Fri Nov 14 10:39:19 PST 2014

> On Nov 13, 2014, at 6:54 PM, Chengcheng Li <lengcangche at bupt.edu.cn> wrote:
>

> Thank you very much, Alex!
> An extra question, if I want to set the rate of sending Interest from a specific face, which data member in class Limits::Window should I set or which member function should I call?
> For example, if I want to send Interest packets from face 0 below the rate 100 pps(packet per second), what should I do?

What you want has nothing to do with Limits class.  Limits just enforces the limit and the question is where this limit is applied.

In the current implementation, limits are enforced by strategy, and in particular PerOutFaceLimits strategy.  It assumes that Limits object is “aggregated” on a corresponding face (see per-out-face-limits.h line 80, 141, 160).

To update limits on specific face, you need to get hold of the face somehow, then

face->GetObject<Limits>()->(any method in limits class)

—
Alex