[ndnSIM] Cannot launch visualizer in scenario-template project

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Thu Nov 13 18:17:24 PST 2014

> On Oct 28, 2014, at 12:19 PM, Julian Wulfheide <ju.wulfheide at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I installed ns-3 and ndnSim as described here:
> http://ndnsim.net/getting-started.html#simulating-using-ndnsim
>
> I then copied the simple example
> (http://ndnsim.net/examples.html#simple-scenario) into the template
> project (scenarios/) and tried running it with
> ./waf --run=ndn-simple --vis
> The visualizer does not show up.

Visualizer is always a fragile part of NS-3.  If it doesn't show up, then something wrong with NS-3, installed python modules, or something else.  It is known to work on Ubuntu 12.04 with the instruction on the website, but I cannot say why it is not working.  May be something with installation of the template scenario... I'm not sure.

Visualizer is nice, but it is not the primary function of NS-3.  You still can simulate everything :)