[ndnSIM] Running sample scenario.
anilj.mailing at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 17:00:20 PST 2014
I found this note in log.h file which proved useful.
* LOG functionality: macros which allow developers to
* send information out on screen. All logging messages
* are disabled by default. To enable selected logging
* messages, use the ns3::LogComponentEnable
* function or use the NS_LOG environment variable
* Use the environment variable NS_LOG to define a ':'-separated list of
* logging components to enable. For example (using bash syntax),
* NS_LOG="OlsrAgent" would enable one component at all log levels.
* NS_LOG="OlsrAgent:Ipv4L3Protocol" would enable two components,
* at all log levels, etc.
* NS_LOG="*" will enable all available log components at all levels.
* To control more selectively the log levels for each component, use
* this syntax: NS_LOG='Component1=func|warn:Component2=error|debug'
* This example would enable the 'func', and 'warn' log
* levels for 'Component1' and the 'error' and 'debug' log levels
* for 'Component2'. The wildcard can be used here as well. For example
* NS_LOG='*=level_all|prefix' would enable all log levels and prefix all
* prints with the component and function names.
With this, we can enable log at component level.
On Sun, Nov 9, 2014 at 12:30 AM, Anil Jangam <anilj.mailing at gmail.com>
> Thanks Spyros. This worked.
> On Sat, Nov 8, 2014 at 5:51 PM, Spyridon (Spyros) Mastorakis <
> spiros.mastorakis at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello Anil,
>> you should enable the logging component. You can do that by typing:
>> NS_LOG=ndn.Consumer:ndn.Produce ./waf --run=ndn-grid-topo-plugin-loss
>> This worked for me and should also work for you.
>> Kind regards,
>> On Nov 8, 2014, at 2:24 PM, Anil Jangam <anilj.mailing at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Alex,
>> I trace back to one of your replies in past.
>> When I run one of the example scenarios, I am not sure it is producing
>> any output or if it actually running. The command with waf helper just
>> produces below output. It apparently does not run the use case.
>> ./waf --run=ndn-grid-topo-plugin-loss
>> Waf: Entering directory `/home/anilj1/sandbox/ndnSIM/ns-3/build'
>> Waf: Leaving directory `/home/anilj1/sandbox/ndnSIM/ns-3//ns-3/build'
>> 'build' finished successfully (1.877s)
>> However, when I run the same command with --vis option it pops up the
>> GUI, and I am able to see the GUI. On F3, I see some action on the GUI.
>> However, this also does not generate any of the trace files you have
>> mentioned in above link.
>> Can you pls point to correct steps? Does command line (non GUI) produces
>> the logs elsewhere, which I am not aware of?
>> ndnSIM mailing list
>> ndnSIM at lists.cs.ucla.edu
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ndnSIM