[ndnSIM] Getting the requester of an object (parent_trie::iterator item)

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Tue May 13 19:06:31 PDT 2014

Hi Maziar,

What do you mean by "requester"?  In NDN you cannot really know who exactly has requested the item.  In ndnSIM/NS-3, if you add a custom packet tag to Interest, you could get partial knowledge of the source.  However, this knowledge is only partial, as Interests can be aggregated on the way and "source" that you can get would be just one of the requesters, not all of them.