[ndnSIM] ndnSIM info needed

Ilya Moiseenko iliamo at ucla.edu
Tue May 13 13:52:25 PDT 2014

> Hello,
>
> I am a Ph.D student working on vehicular networks. I am planning to use CCN in VANETs. I found ndnSIM interesting but I would like to know a few things:
>

> 1. Does ndnSIM support high mobility scenarios in case I import SUMO mobility model along?
You can use any mobility model written for NS-3 simulator, or write your own.

> 2. Support large number of mobile wireless nodes (Scalable)?
It depends on the wireless technology that you are simulating.
For WiFi I used to have a 50-100 mobile nodes to be simulated in realtime. When you scale to thousands it takes hours to get several minutes of simulation.

> 3. Which simulation tool is preferred for ndnSIM (Omnet++ or NS3)?
only NS-3

Ilya