[ndnSIM] sample-topologies

ioannoa at scss.tcd.ie ioannoa at scss.tcd.ie
Thu Mar 20 05:54:41 PDT 2014

Hello everyone,

I was currently looking at the sample topologies from Rocketfuel included
into the same named directory for real-topology simulations.

However, I was not able to link the sample topologies with the known paper
of:
" Measuring ISP topologies with Rocketfuel". The ASes seem to have
different number of nodes, either concerning routers or PoPs.

Does anyone have an idea of how these topologies have been concluded in
ndnsim and what exactly each node, i.e. blue, green, red represents? My
assumption is that blue nodes are backbone nodes, green nodes are gateway
nodes and red nodes are local Points of Presence where clients are
connected to.

Please, keep me informed if you have any ideas on it.

Kind regards,
Andriana.