[ndnSIM] Customizing PIT implementation

Matteo Virgilio matteo.virgilio at polito.it
Fri Jun 27 06:17:57 PDT 2014

Hi all,
I am looking for a fast and simple way to implement my own PIT on
ndnSIM. In essence, I just want to hash names before putting them into
the PIT so that they all have a fixed size. I am aware that the PIT
implementation is based on templates and policies but it is not clear to
me how to extend and customize the behaviour. I think having a short
tutorial or a skeleton code that can be used to fully manipulate the PIT
behaviour, would be helpful (probably also for others). I already
customized many other parts of ndnSIM (forwarding strategy,
applications, etc...) but I still miss a clear way to do this with the
PIT :)
Could anyone give me some hints on how to reach my goal?

Thank you in advance,
Matteo