[ndnSIM] Assert failed: CustomApp not found

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Sun Feb 16 01:44:37 PST 2014

Hi Sandhya,

Sorry for my delayed reply.  The problem you're facing is basically a linking issue and you have to change the way you creating your scenario.  If you put a single file under scratch/ folder, the build system will treat it as a whole scenario and link against NS-3 libraries.  You're trying to use CustomApp, which is not part of any NS-3 libraries and needs to be linked with your scenario.

A simple trick will fix your problem:

- create a directory under scratch/  and give it a name that you will use to run your scenario (e.g., ndn-mod1)
- put ndn-mod1.cc under scratch/ndn-mod1/
- put custom-app.h|cc under the same scratch/ndn-mod1/ folder

compile the code and you shouldn't have the assertion anymore.