[ndnSIM] how to add new fields in Interest packet and Data packet

Spyridon (Spyros) Mastorakis spiros.mastorakis at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 22:37:57 PST 2014

Hello,

in order to add new fields in the Interest and Data packets, you should modify the corresponding classes. You can do so by accessing and editing the ndn-interest and ndn-data files under the model directory.

Based on the modifications that you will do, you may need to modify the wire format and deal with serialization/deserialization issues as well. You can take a look at the directory wire under the model directory.

If possible, in order to avoid dealing with the wire format, you can “cheat" and use some of the existing fields in the way that you want.

Spyros