[ndnSIM] Content longevity in Cache

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Wed Apr 30 21:23:58 PDT 2014

Hi Amin,

1. Depending on implementation of cache you're using, longevity either defined by the traffic pattern or via Freshness parameter in Data packets (http://ndnsim.net/cs.html).

2. "Logical minimum" is zero nanoseconds, "logical maximum" is + infitinty

3. ContentStore policy can have full control over this value.  That is, one policy can completely ignore Freshness parameter in Data packets (e.g., as it is with default policy) or use the exact value specified by the data producer (ns3::ndn::cs::Freshness::* ContentStores).