[ndnSIM] NDN-CCL and ndnSim

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Mon Apr 21 21:47:39 PDT 2014

Hi Leonid,

The current implementation is a little bit outdated, but it does contain API that is similar to NDN-CCL (ndn.cxx implementation predates CCL and our new TLV packet format).  In particular, you may saw "ndn.cxx" folder in ndnSIM, which basically the initial implementation of C++ NDN API.

There is one basic example (https://github.com/NDN-Routing/ndnSIM/blob/master/examples/custom-apps/ndn-api-app.cc) in ndnSIM.  Not sure if anybody else has used this API extensively.

It is actually possible to write python applications using this API.  I did a couple of simulation of real python code, running them inside the simulator.  Unfortunately, this code is also outdated and I have very limited resources at the moment.  It would be enormously great if somebody can provide help with making the code up-to-date.