[ndnSIM] question about cache behavior

Spencer Sevilla spencer at soe.ucsc.edu
Mon Apr 21 14:43:41 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I wrote a test NDN application, and am seeing an unexpected (I think?) behavior. First, my application expresses an Interest for “/a/b/c/d”, this Interest is routed to the publisher, which responds with the corresponding Data packet. Next, my application expresses an Interest for “/a/b/c”, and receives the Data packet for “/a/b/c/d” from a cache.

To my understanding, caches are only supposed to respond with exact-matches, not partial matches like this. Have I misunderstood something big here? Or is this a behavior that I can somehow set or configure? I’m a bit confused and would love some clarification :-)

Thanks!
Spencer