[ndnSIM] unexcepted interruption in wireless multi-hop scenarios

缘·梦 997566196 at qq.com
Wed Oct 30 07:03:15 PDT 2013

Hello Everyone,
     I'm a new learner to ndnSIM. I have a problem when I try to delay some time before sending out an interest.
The detailed description are as follow:
     I want to impliment simulation in a wireless multi-hop scenario with ndnSIM. For the first step, I  do simple changes to deal with the Face abstraction, and the key point is to enable "forwarding" to the  incoming face. I suppose every node has one wireless interface. It works well in a linear topology, for example 9 nodes in a line and the first node as Consumer and the last one Producer. The  intermediate nodes can forward the interest and data to its neighbours(include the next hop and the front hop). Hop by hop, the Consumer and Producer can communicate with each other successfully in this linear topology.
    But in a more complicated topology, for example a 3*5 Grid topology, we need to delay a random time before forwarding an interest or data to avoid collision. It's the second step, where my problem appears. I just do a simple changes in this step, as follows:
    change From       PropagateInterest (inFace, interest, pitEntry);
      To       Simulator::Schedule(MicroSeconds(rand_delay),&ForwardingStrategy::PropagateInterest,this,inFace, interest, pitEntry);

    Then the simulation can't run continuously. It just runs for a perod of time and stop with an error.The error message is “Command ['/home/long/ndnSIM0823/ns-3/build/scratch/ndn-wireless1'] terminated with signal SIGSEGV. Run it under a debugger to get more information (./waf --run <program> --command-template="gdb --args %s <args>"). ”

    I try hard to solve this problem, but can't make it till now. I hope you can give me some help. Thank you so much!

    Best Regards!