[ndnSIM] placement policy classes.

ioannoa at scss.tcd.ie ioannoa at scss.tcd.ie
Thu May 23 04:07:52 PDT 2013

Hello,

I want to create some
classes implementing different placement policies. As far as i've seen
there are no placement policies implemented. That would be something
similar to the replacement classes that you have in the utilities file i
suspect.

Could you please provide me with any information possible on this? I can
send you over the policies for further information if necessary. I also
thought, i may try to develop them and send it over to check them. To be
honest I am not getting much understanding of C++ code, so any help would
be appreciated.

Best regards,
Andriana.

> Can you tell a little bit about what do you mean by "placement" policy?
---
> Alex.

Hello,

yeah, sure.

So, there are some 'placement' policies in ICN literature - and by this do
not only mean CCN. CCN follows the placement policy of caching each packet
that passes by a node-router - using also a replacement policy such as
LRU, LFU etc when the content store is full.

However, in other ICN proposals different policies may be used, e.g. based
on a probability, based on graph-based metrics, e.g. highest number of
neighbors etc. Not, too sure if that would be part of the open source
though as you are supposed to implement CCN at first place.

Did I make any sense? ;)

Andriana.